Sunday 7 April 2013

Hiya!

Hiya, my name's Chanda and this is my first real attempt at a blog post! I'm really struggling with what I should write as I haven't really written anything since I graduated way back in 2011.

I'll start off by telling a little about myself. I promise I'll keep it short!

-My name's Chanda Azam and I'm 23 years old
-I studied Journalism at Uni and I really enjoyed it (although now I'm a little stuck on what I actually want to do with my life)
-I currently work in retail whilst I figure myself out
-I work too many hours and don't have enough money in the bank, though I bet I'm not alone on that one!
-I'm addicted to Instagram and the eBay app and when I'm bored I search for random things on eBay that I don't particularly need and buy them anyway
-I'm obsessed with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, especially Mary-Kate
-I love love love shopping anywhere and everywhere and I love looking at home things just as much as clothes and shoes
-Interior design is one of my main interests (whether I actually know a lot about it or not is another matter!)
-My all time favourite blogger is the lovely Nicola Claire at www.nicola-claire.blogspot.com

I love reading fashion blogs and there are a few that I read daily and my heart sinks a little when  I see they haven't posted since the last time I read. I did have a blog at Uni for a module but I decided to take it down after I received my grade for it as I wasn't really happy with it. It was more for making my tutors happy rather than posting what I really enjoy. 

I have wanted to start my blog for a while now but then I started procrastinating and I didn't feel confident enough in my writing and then my laptop broke and now after months of debating with myself, I've decided to bite the bullet and here I am :)

I probably won't update as much as I'd like to due to never having any time so I apologise in advance for that but I'll try my best. But here's a quickie outfit post!


Tee: Topshop
Jacket: H&M
Jeans: Topshop Leighs
Boots: River Island
Bag: H&M
Necklace: Urban Outfitters


Please excuse the really bad photos, they were taken on my phone. I also cheated a little as this is what I wore yesterday on my day off.

I love love love these little cutout beauties from River Island. I bought them in January and had to wait ages to wear them because of the really bad weather. They're a great dupe of the 3.1 Phillip Lim PJ Cutout booties but at £40 they're a tiny fraction of the price! Zara do a very similar version which are more like the 3.1 Phillip Lim's.

My fringed bag is one I've had for so long now and I absolutely cannot get enough of it. I wear it almost every day as it's big enough to fit all my junk in and it gives every outfit a festival vibe which I love. My jacket's perfect for the slightly warmer weather as it's quite lightweight and the subtle leopard print which is only slightly visible in my photos reminds me very much of one that Urban Outfitters had either last year or the year before. 

This outfit's very casual and nowhere near on par with what the likes of Nicola Claire and Penelope pull out but it's the sort of thing I wear when I'm running errands or going on a cheeky trip into town. 

I know my first post is very wordy but I promise future posts won't be such essays. I really hope you enjoyed reading it and any feedback (good or bad!) would be so welcome as I'd love to know what you guys think.

Happy Sunday

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment